Winter is coming! And with the arrival of dry, cold winds comes the need to double the care of your hair! As you know, that the icy winds, colder days and snowy nights will make your hair dry, dull and brittle, it is the high time and you keep your hair safe & shiny.
It is true that everyone's hair is different, but there are some tips that are applicable for all! Want to know? Here are some of the best hair care tips just for you: –
- Deep Conditioning! The best way to keep your hair nourished during winter is to give them a deep conditioning treatment at least once a week. This is necessary to retain moisture in your hair and keep them healthy throughout!
- Avoid washing hair every day! In winter, the main thing is to keep your moisturized. When you wash your hair or give them heat treatments, they get dry. So, to prevent your hair from drying out, limit the number of times you wash your hair. It is normal to wash two times a week. In other words, wash your hair only when they get dirty.
- Do not Use Hot water! Always wash your hair with lukewarm or cold water, never wash with hot water. This is because hot water can dry your hair and make them lustless.
- Apply Serum! Use a hair serum or cream to maintain moisture in your tresses.
- Keep Your Hair Covered! Just like your body, your hair also needs protection. Always wrap your hair in a silk scarf or wear a hat while going out!
- Stay Simple! Avoid use of too many styling tools and chemical dyes during winter. Instead of curling or straightening your tresses, experiment with a low ponytail or a loose bun.
- Buy a Humidifier! Since the dry, cold air makes the hair frizzy and dry, investing in a humidifier is a great option. The humidifier keeps your body out of dryness and then, make them glossy for a longer period.
- Drink Lots of Water! This is a must-apply thing when it is about keeping your hair shiny during winter. Actually, the dry scalp results in dandruff, hair roughness and other such problems. So, it is good to keep the scalp as well as hair hydrated by drinking plenty of water. And the plus point of this is that it will keep your skin young and alluring also.
- Nutritional Diet! To make your hair shiny, eat a balance diet including eggs, spinach, sprouts and walnuts.
- Trimming! In winter, people are found to be more complaining about broken hair and split ends. These split ends, if not treated can ruin the appearance as well as the health of your tresses. So, it is better to get your hair trimmed once in every two months. This will give you healthy, long hair with no split-ends.